[Paraview] ParaView 5.2 Release Candidate 1 available for download

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Oct 13 10:24:14 EDT 2016

> This leads to one question though: any idea why this option isn't available
> under the Save Screenshot Options when saving a screenshot? Changing the
> color palette can be done in the GUI under Edit->Settings->Color Palette
> which gets applied to screenshots but you can change the color palette for
> just screenshots as well in the Save Screenshot Options. I'm assuming that
> it's because the transparent background for screenshots doesn't affect the
> GUI but I think it would be nice to have this option in the Save Screenshot
> Options as well.

That's indeed the plan.
Under development here:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/utkarsh.ayachit/paraview/tree/dpi_fixes

I am working on unifying save screenshot and save animation dialog and
make them use the same infrastructure we have for Properties panel to
avoid having to manage custom logic. Plan to wrap it up by the ISC-17
release.