[Paraview] ParaView 5.2 Release Candidate 1 available for download

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Oct 12 09:29:21 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 23:30:16 +0300, Gena Bug via ParaView wrote:
> I've just tried the 5.2rc and noticed this in the console:
>
> $ Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line
> 72: non-double matrix element
> Fontconfig error: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line
> 72: non-double matrix element
> Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf", line
> 80: saw unknown, expected number

This is due to the way we now package fontconfig. We used to have it
just use the (non-existent) config files from the package, so you got
crappy fonts usually. Now, we use the system configuration and you
should get the same fonts as the system, but it seems that we probably
need to update our fontconfig. Other than that, the messages are
harmless as far as we've been able to tell.

> And a fontconfig folder is created in the run directory with a bunch of
> cache-files.

Yeah, not sure how to fix this; I had tried putting them into /var/cache
like the system, but it seems that that flag is insufficient :( .

--Ben