[Paraview] Building ParaView v5.1.2 on Linux from source with support for GPU and SWR.

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Fri Oct 7 16:39:53 EDT 2016

> which are not copied into the archive when packing the binaries using:
>> “ctest -V -R cpack-paraviewsdk-TGZ”
>>

> This should have been fixed a while ago.  I'll try to reproduce it and
> make sure the packaging is correct.

I see the same problem.  I have a fix for the packaging and will get it up
shortly.  It probably won't make it for the RC tonight but it will be fixed
before the release.

4.     Compared to the ParaView v5.1.2 binary for Linux, the compiled
>> version with mesa v12.0.3 is substantially slower than with the OpenSWR
>> version shipped with the binary.
>>
> That certainly should not be the case.

The good news is that I was just able to reproduce the problem.  Even
better I could isolate it to the mesa build from the superbuild.  Swapping
out the mesa libs in the release binary on the web site, on a single
14-Core Haswell CPU I see a difference of 25MiPolys / sec with the
superbuild libraries vs 118MiPolys / sec with the website binaries.
That's roughly a 4.5x performance difference, i.e. not good.  I don't know
yet if it's a mesa problem or how we build it.  I'll dig deeper and let you
know.

Thanks for the bug!

- Chuck