[Paraview] Save a state with data labels using Python

Bing Ha achyptra at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:40:20 EST 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to create and save a state that includes points with data labels using the Python interface. Past answers from Utkarsh and Menno Deij have been helpful in generating the data labels in the viewer either via a selection source or using servermanager.rendering.DataLabelRepresentation(), but neither approach successfully exports the labels. If I reload the state file, the labels have disappeared.

Is there a way to export a state including data labels using just Python? Do I need to do something to the labels so the exporter will "see" them?

Thanks,
Bing