[Paraview] color isosurface using another data file

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Nov 16 10:11:59 EST 2016

You can combine two data sources with the Append Attributes filter in
ParaView, but they must have the same topology (points and cells). The
scalar arrays should also have different names. If this is the case
for your two VTK files, you can Contour by one, then color by the
other.

HTH,
Cory

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Yongcheng Zhou
<yzhou at math.colostate.edu> wrote:

> Hi there, I searched the maillist but found that this has never been
> completely answered. I have two scalar vtk files, one for generating
> isosurface and the other for coloring the isosurface. How can I make this
> out? Thank you! -yc

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.