[Paraview] Automatic connect to Catalyst

Arno Mayrhofer arno.mayrhofer at dcs-computing.com
Tue Nov 15 07:40:07 EST 2016

Dear all,

I have written an adaptor for in situ visualization which works
perfectly fine. In order to even further lower the entry barrier, I
would like to be able to launch a ParaView session that automatically
connects to that simulation and displays something.

Now obviously I know exactly how my Catalyst script looks like, so I
know what types of data are available. And we can assume that this is
not going to change.

I tried to generate a PV Python script using the trace option, but it
did not show me any output related to connecting to the Catalyst
simulation. Is it at all possible to do this via a Python script?

I also have not found any command line options that would allow me to
connect to a certain Catalyst port, did I miss something here?

And finally if none of the above works, would a custom plug-in that is
auto loaded allow me to perform this small piece of magic? Or any other
ways of doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Arno