[Paraview] paraviewgeo

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Fri Nov 11 12:40:39 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:15 PM andrealphus <andrealphus at gmail.com> wrote:

> I typically use it for plotting 3D volumes from geophysical inversions
> (seismic/gravity,etc), underneath digital elevation models. Sometimes
> I bring in aerial imagery, earthquake locations etc.

This all sounds very exciting. What format do you use for seismic dataset?

> Things that I would find helpful would be a plugin to handle
> coordinate transformations. (hence my interest in a gdal plugin) Now I
> just make sure everything is in the same UTM beforehand, but its not
> ideal.

That would be actually using the PROJ4. I will see if we can push a plugin
that can expose the projection capabilities.  How soon do you need this?

> I am also very interested in being able to bring in shape files so I
> can overlay geologically mapped units.

Right, the GDAL plugin will enable loading of shapefiles (and other
formats). Let me find the status of our code and I can follow up with you
on it sometime very soon.

Thanks,