[Paraview] Error opening specific STL-files on specific computer ("unable to read point")

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Nov 8 11:20:53 EST 2016

Daniel,

I just tried loading the file you attached in the latest development
version of ParaView, and it loaded just fine.

One thing you could try would be to delete your ParaView configuration
files. We're not sure why yet, but this sometimes mysteriously solves
problems. The configuration files on linux are located under
$HOME/.config/ParaView. Try moving the .ini and .json files there to
another location - if removing them solves the problem, I'd like to
see those configuration files to help figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,
Cory

Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer