[Paraview] Experimental Data Interpolate/Extrapolate to Custom Volume Mesh

Gallagher, Timothy P tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Mon Nov 7 12:00:42 EST 2016

Mike,

Your state file doesn't work without the data files that go along with it.

That said, here is how you can do it:

1. Load your .dat file and use the TableToPoints filter to create points from the data table -- select your x, y, z appropriately

2. Load your CFD data file

3. Select your CFD data file and then do:

    a. ResampleWithDataset -- select the CFD data as the Input and the TableToPoints as the Source

4. This will give you the data interpolated to the points in the table, if you want a plane from this data, apply the Delaunay2D filter and select Best-Fitting Plane (if the points are not X-Y points only).

That should give you the data from your CFD simulation on the same plane as your PIV data.

I see you are at GT -- let me know if you are still unclear on these steps and would like to talk in person.

Tim