[Paraview] How to merge .vtk files to visualize the result in Paraview

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Mon Nov 7 11:47:31 EST 2016

Hi Brennen,

ParaView has support for loading multiple files as a time series if you
name them file1.vtk, file2.vtk, etc.  We realize that sometimes these
multiple files are multiple blocks of output rather than multiple timesteps
so I recently implemented a filter that converts the time series into a
multiblock dataset by putting each time step into a block in the dataset.
You can use this with the existing reader to convert the time series that
ParaView thinks your data is into a multiblock dataset with all of the data
in it.  The new filter is called 'Group Time Steps' and is available in
master or the 5.2 release candidates.

HTH,
Shawn