[Paraview] parellel processing problem

spectm2 spectm2 at rpi.edu
Tue Nov 1 09:37:08 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am brand new to Paraview and I an having a serious parallel processing
problem when using a pvserver client/server connection, Paraview 4.4.0,
and mvapitch2-2.0a-gcc44. The server and the client run linux.

Attached is my .pvd file and a photo of what the model should look like
(ie. when I am using 1 processor) and what the model looks like when I
am using more than one processor.

When I ran this FEM simulation I used 16 processors. So, for each time
step folder (for ex. DRPTransientN_13, which is for the 13th time step)
there is a folder inside named '0' that contains 16 .vtu files.

Also, when using multiple processors in Paraview I can 'scrub' through
time with this one chunk of the model.

It seems like Paraview isnt reading the .pvd file correctly, or
something....

Do you have any idea what the issue is? Any fixes that I can implement?

I would be most grateful for any help you can provide.