[Paraview] ParaView, Python and the CLR

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Nov 7 10:03:42 EST 2016

Hi Chris,

import clr
> clr.AddReference("DHI.Generic.MikeZero.DFS")
> from DHI.Generic.MikeZero.DFS import *
>
> This works well in "stand alone" python scripts.  I tried using the same
> approach in ParaView/Programmable Source, but it can't find the CLR module.

If you're using the ParaView client binary downloaded from paraview.org,
it's using it's own internal python, not the one set up on your system
already (which can use the clr module).  As Andy already mentioned, setting
PYTHONPATH to the directory containing the clr module should let ParaView's
python find the module, but this is why it's probably happening in the
first place.

- Chuck