[Paraview] Curvilinear Elements?

Aleksejs Fomins aleksejs.fomins at lspr.swiss
Mon Nov 7 04:12:29 EST 2016

Dear Paraview,

I do calculations on curvilinear tetrahedral meshes and at some point have written a curvilinear VTK/VTU/PVTU writer for my code. It does virtual refinement of curvilinear elements, and thus writes curvilinear elements as a set of smaller linear elements.

I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade my output to use native Paraview curvilinear support.

1) Does Paraview support curvilinear elements in VTK/VTU formats? How high can the curvilinear order go? Is there documentation for the curvilinear format

2) If not VTK/VTU, perhaps there is another format?

Best regards,

Aleksejs Fomins