[Paraview] GNOME is hanging with co-processing ...

Christopher Neal chrisneal at snumerics.com
Wed Nov 2 11:57:40 EDT 2016

Hi Ufuk,

I have experienced a similar issue when trying to instrument a code with Catalyst. I was running OpenSuse 13.2.  I start the parallel from a terminal window, and the entire GUI just locks up completely. Sometimes it seems to be permanently stuck and I have to do that you did i.e. ssh from another computer and kill the process. It’s quite frustrating, and it is the reason that I started looking into running with osMesa as a way to completely stop the calls to Catalyst from opening up an x-window.

I can’t really offer any solutions because I still haven’t figured out what is going on, but I can tell you that you are not the only one having that issue.

Best regards,
Chris Neal