[Paraview] Background in 3D mode

Cindy Castro cindy.castro at uvsq.fr
Fri Mar 18 05:12:42 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am using ParaView in client/server mode with stereo. I have a cluster
with 4 nodes, 1 GPU each (NVIDIA K5000) and 8 screens for display.

My problem is I can not find how to span a background over my 8 screens with ParaView.
The background is displayed on each screen. 3D models are well displayed
in 3D (no problem with that). Please find attached files to explain :
- paraview_client shows the client with the view I would like to display
- wall_display is how the servers display 3D model and background on my
8 screens... (3D model OK but background NOK)
- wall_config.pvx is the PVX file for the wall configuration

The server is run with the command:
mpirun -np 8 -machinefile
/opt/software/ParaView/PVscripts/server_machinefile.txt
/opt/software/ParaView/ParaView-5.0.0-bin/bin/pvserver -rc
--client-host=mire-pc /opt/software/ParaView/PVresources/wall_config.pvx

Server-machine.txt files is
Node1 slot=2
Node2 slot=2
Node3 slot=2
Node4 slot=2

I tried tiles mode but the display is not in the right order... and I can not change my x screen configuration which is right. I did not find where I could change the procs order in MPI.

Can you help me ? Is it possible to span a background over several
screens in 3D mode ? It would be really useful when rendering 3D models.

Regards,

--
Cindy CASTRO
Responsable plateforme DIGISCOPE-MIRE