[Paraview] ParaView 5.0 Python and Batch

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 31 16:27:53 EDT 2016

Question from a user:

Quick question, I'm looking through the documents and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I want to create a batch script to save an image every few seconds of my simulation. I'm aware of vtkAnimationPlayer, where I can use GetAnimationScene and use GoToNext() to get the next frame and perform SaveScreenShot inside a python loop. However, is there a method similar to GoTo(double time) ?? I don't want to load every time frame as it takes a long time to load each one. I would like to do it at a variable time interval inside a python loop. Obviously, I can loop through with GoToNext and save every 100 frames etc, but that will take forever loading them up.

I tried doing a trace monitor, but it does not reflect an action taken where I type in a time inside the "Time" box. However, it does report when I press the animation buttons, ie. GoToNext, GoToFirst, GoToLast etc.

Please advise,