[Paraview] Paraview crashes when loading a saved state file that includes a Programmable Filter with a specific line

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Mar 31 14:54:28 EDT 2016

> In the RequestInformation section of a
> Programmable Filter, I have the following line:
>
> if inputs[0].VTKObject.GetCell(0).GetClassName() == 'vtkPolyLine':

One should not access data in RequestInformation. Data is not expected
to be available in this pass. It can work in certain cases where the
upstream was explicitly updated before the Programmable Filter was
created, but will not work always -- as you're seeing with your
segfaults when loading state file.

Utkarsh