[Paraview] libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Rob Nagler paraview-vxtjp at q33.us
Mon Mar 21 17:07:36 EDT 2016

> Yes the link I gave you is the good one for that:
>
> http://kitware.github.io/paraviewweb/docs/guides/os_mesa.html

Thank you again.

FYI, it refers to the 9.2.2, but ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/mesa/ only
has 11.x versions.

> We have EC2/GPU images that are public and fully setup if you want to.
> I can give you the ami-xxx names if you want to. (Still have to publish
> that in a proper documentation online...)

Yes, please. I'm going to skip the building above, since you have these.
You can convert an AMI to VirtualBox. A better alternative would be have a
repo with the build scripts used to create the AMis. Having a headless
Docker image would be a very nice addition. :)

> PS: BTW with vagrant and a VM with no GPU the performances will be pretty
> poor.

Thanks for the tip. We are beginning a project where we are evaluating the
APIs for various rendering engines. Once we figure out which API works best
for us, we'll look into tuning performance.

Thanks,
Rob