[Paraview] sum of a variable over all cells of one timestep

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Wed Jun 29 21:24:05 EDT 2016

I am trying to find the sum of a variable for all cells at one timestep.  It's ending up being surprisingly hard.  This is in parallel on dozens of servers, with hundreds of input files.  The Integrate Variable filter doesn't work, because it multiplies by cell volume.  At Ken's suggestion, I tried the Descriptive Statistics filter, and am totally confused what is there.  The first column is Process Id - does mean I get statistics for each processor, rather than for the whole dataset?  Then I see Cardinality, M2, M3, M4, which mean nothing to me.

Is there a way to turn off the cell volume multiply with the Integrate variables filter?  Or, is there a way to use the Descriptive Statistics filter?  Or, is there another, easier way to just sum up a variable?

Thanks,

Alan