[Paraview] Minor bug in OPENFOAM import filter

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Jun 28 16:40:07 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM, David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Eugene de Villiers <
> e.devilliers at engys.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Takuya, David,
>>
>> That would be perfect. What kind of timeline are we looking at to see
>> this in a release version?
>>

> It's difficult to say for sure. It might be out in the next patch release,
> but it might have to wait for the next major/minor release. The openFOAM
> reader is a complicated bit of code, I'm still investigating the best way
> to go about implementing this. I'll update this thread once I know more.

Good news -- I found an easy fix. Instead of failing outright when

(scalar (scalar scalar))

is found because the internal data structures can't handle nested lists
following scalar data, I patched the reader to simply read the nested list,
discard it, print a warning, and continue reading the file.

You'll still see a warning pop up in paraview, but the file should still
read successfully as long as the unsupported list does not appear in a
field used for visualization.

The patch is here: https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1598

If this is agreeable to everyone, we'll get it merged and incorporated into
a future release.

Dave