[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Client-server mode fails with 5.0.1

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Tue Jun 28 07:49:31 EDT 2016

Hi Utkarsh,

On 06/27/2016 07:15 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Can you try this:
> 1. Connect to pvserver started with  --use-offscreen-rendering
> 2. From Edit | Settings, Render View tab, set "Remote Render
> Threshold" to 0.  Accept the change using OK.
As soon as I set the threshold to 0 the warning about the OpenGL 3.2
context pops up (but no segfault in this case).

I tried a very minimal example that creates a 3.2 context (using SDL)
and that fails as well, so maybe something strange is going in with our
nvidia driver installation. I'll see if I can do some more tests.

Paul