[Paraview] XML plugin syntax for FileChooser

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Jun 22 11:43:25 EDT 2016

Ah! No, the current implementation doesn't support that, but if you
want to extend the code to do so and push a merge-request on ParaView
(d) -- which would be awesome -- here are a few pointers:

1. Extend pqFileChooserWidget (a) to add support for non-existing files.
2. Extend pqStringVectorPropertyWidget to (b) add support for new
attribute on the <FileChooser /> hint to support non-exisiting files
and if and when it's present, tell pqFileChooseWidget  using the API
added in 1.
3. Update PropertyHints.md (c) to document the new hint attribute added in 2.

Thanks
Utkarsh

(a) https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/Qt/Components/pqFileChooserWidget.h
(b) https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/Qt/Components/pqStringVectorPropertyWidget.cxx#L173-233