[Paraview] XML plugin syntax for FileChooser

LB bravo.loic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 02:46:20 EDT 2016

[Paraview] XML plugin syntax for FileChooser.

Hi,

I would like to create a custom programmable python filter  to write some
calculation results in a file.

I’ve tried to use the following XML plugin syntax to define a FileChooser
button and help the user select the path of the output file :

<StringVectorProperty
  label="Path"
  command="SetParameter"
  name="QFileName"
  initial_string="QFileName"
  number_of_elements="1"
  panel_visibility="default">
  <FileListDomain name="files" />
  <Documentation>Path of the output file</Documentation>
  <Hints>
    <FileChooser extensions="inp" file_description="APDL input file" />
  </Hints>
</StringVectorProperty>

This create a text field with an associated file chooser button as I wanted.

But it seems that I can only select existing files.

Is-there a way to tell Paraview that this path is an output path and not an
input path ?

Best regards,