[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Rendering issue with cross-sections in 3D

Steve Lamont spl at tirebiter.org
Fri Jun 17 20:10:23 EDT 2016

A followup on this issue.

I uninstalled the 5.0.1 version as distributed on the download site and
reinstalled the Ubuntu version found in the distro repository and the
problem went away.  This version gives a "warning" in its titlebar
"Legacy Rendering Backend."

As luck would have it, an associate of mine installed the 5.0.1 Windows
version at the ParaView download site and it exhibits the same bad behavior.

It looks to me as if the newer version, *without* the "Legacy Rendering
Backend" does not do proper polygon sorting such that scenes are
rendered back to front so that objects properly occlude one another.

Just for grins, I'm going to download and test the 5.0.0 version, just
to see if it's equally borked.

							spl