[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Rendering issue with cross-sections in 3D

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Fri Jun 17 08:00:46 EDT 2016

With regard to OpenGL1 vs OpenGL2 backends – I think that there’s an issue with 5.0.1 where the frontend/backend need to be compiled using the same OpenGL ….. so if you want to jump back to OpenGL1 on the backend, you’ll need a similarly configured frontend ……

________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

From: ParaView <paraview-bounces at paraview.org<mailto:paraview-bounces at paraview.org>> on behalf of David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com<mailto:david.lonie at kitware.com>>
Date: Friday, June 17, 2016 at 7:22 AM
To: Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com<mailto:cory.quammen at kitware.com>>
Cc: Craig Christensen <craig.christensen at ucalgary.ca<mailto:craig.christensen at ucalgary.ca>>, "paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>" <paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Rendering issue with cross-sections in 3D

All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

Has anyone tested OpenGL1 vs. OpenGL2 backends on master?

It may be an issue with the recent changes to depth peeling. OpenGL1 will still use the old implementation, OpenGL2 (not on mesa) will use the new version.