[Paraview] Rendering issue with cross-sections in 3D

Steve Lamont spl at tirebiter.org
Thu Jun 16 21:11:43 EDT 2016

> I'm using Paraview v5.0.1 to visualize some geophysical data, but I'm
> running into a rendering issue. When I zoom in to my data sets, data in
> the background randomly jumps in front of cross-sections in the
> foreground.

I'm running into a similar issue.

I have three cross sections, along the three major axes, and they do not
seem to occlude one another as one would expect.

I've turned on depth peeling and have experimented with setting the
maximum number of peels to no avail.

I know this is a classic OpenGL depth sorting issue since I've run into
myself back when I was coding such things.

I've updated my nVidia drivers to what passes for the Latest and
Greatest for Ubuntu Linux and I have a fairly recent graphics card
(Quadro K2000D).  I'll be happy to supply any other system information I
can if it'll help.

Is there something else I need to switch on in order to get ParaView to
operate in the "expected" manner?

Thanx.

							spl