[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Fri Jun 3 08:16:35 EDT 2016

Would it be sufficient to change the cmake flags OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR and
OSMESA_LIBRARY in CMakeCache file to point to the external build of Mesa
11.x.x?

________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

-----Original Message-----
From: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 4:19 PM
To: "Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)"
<joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil>
Cc: Rick Angelini <Richard.C.Angelini.CIV at mail.mil>, Simon Su
<simon.m.su.CIV at mail.mil>, ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
Subject: Re: [Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader
(UNCLASSIFIED)

All active links contained in this email were disabled.  Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links
contained within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a
Web browser.

----

> And I have tried replacing the library
> lib/paraview-5.0/libOSMesa.so.7
> with both libOSMesa.so from 11.1.2 and 11.2.2
> and they are both still giving the same error

Simply swapping the libraries won't work. Mesa 11.2 [1] added new API
OSMesaCreateContextAttribs() which is needed to create correct OpenGL
context.  The API is used at compile time if appropriate osmesa.h is
being used.

You can try to update Projects/unix/osmesa.cmake in the superbuild
source to use the configure arguments you used, and also change
versions.cmake in the same repo to point to change the osmesa source
tar ball to be 11.2. Now the superbuid will build 11.2 instead and it
should then have the new API available.

[1] Caution-http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/11.2.0.html