[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: 5.0.1/Exodus Reader (UNCLASSIFIED)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jun 2 16:19:22 EDT 2016

> And I have tried replacing the library
> lib/paraview-5.0/libOSMesa.so.7
> with both libOSMesa.so from 11.1.2 and 11.2.2
> and they are both still giving the same error

Simply swapping the libraries won't work. Mesa 11.2 [1] added new API
OSMesaCreateContextAttribs() which is needed to create correct OpenGL
context.  The API is used at compile time if appropriate osmesa.h is
being used.

You can try to update Projects/unix/osmesa.cmake in the superbuild
source to use the configure arguments you used, and also change
versions.cmake in the same repo to point to change the osmesa source
tar ball to be 11.2. Now the superbuid will build 11.2 instead and it
should then have the new API available.

[1] http://www.mesa3d.org/relnotes/11.2.0.html