[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: ParaView 5.0.1 on an older Mac

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Jun 1 09:46:49 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY
RDECOM ARL (US) <richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil> wrote:
> This system is still running 10.9 and is scheduled for a 10.11 upgrade in
> the near-term – presumably the warning message will go away with 10.11 …….

Not unless the upgrade includes a driver upgrade for the graphics
hardware to one of the white-listed graphics drivers. I know this
because my Mac with 10.11 complained, but it didn't exhibit the buggy
behavior, so I added it's hardware to the white list.

Ken, could we test for the Apple bug dynamically in VTK or in ParaView
in any easy way?

Thanks,
Cory

Cory Quammen