[Paraview] Paraview 5.1 Parallel & Delaunay

stephaneンドング メファネ stephane at fujielectric.com
Thu Jul 21 02:25:29 EDT 2016

Hello,

I would like to report a few problems encountered on Paraview 5.1.
I am running the Binary-MPI version on Win7, on a workstation with 32
threads (16 physical cores right?).
When running in Parallel with Ensight data, I am using the same workstation
as both Server and client:

- I can execute the pvserver (mpiexec -n 4 pvserver) up to n =24 without
problem
- From there on the same machine I launch a paraview session and connect to
the server
- I Can launch the geometry without problem

The problem occurs when I load the D3 filter on the geometry  with n>12. I
get an error message. This problem was already reported on March 18th, 2016
by another user.

If I stick to 12 cores or less I get another problem with the following
workflow:
I want to apply the StreamTracerWithCustomSource (STWCS) in Parallel so I
do the following:

1) Save the Source surface as a *vtm file, and read it back in current
session
2) Apply D3 filter to Full model
3) Apply STWCS filter with D3 filter as input and *vtm surface as source.

this workflow works perfectly, but there are too many seeds so after step2:
3')Apply MaskPoints to *vtm surface
4)Apply STWCS filter with D3 filter as input and result of MaskPoints as
source ==> Paraview Crashes in Parallel (This works well in a non-parallel
session)

Finally a question on Delaunay2D

I have a point clouds extracted from a surface with a big hole in the
middle. Applying Delaunay2d Always closes the hole. is there a way to keep
the hole ?

Thanks in advance.

Ndong-Mefane Stephane, Dr.Eng
Basic Design Sec.