[Paraview] "X Error: BadMatch" when loading state file with OpenGL2 rendering on Fedora 18

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Thu Jul 14 10:16:42 EDT 2016

Christophe,

I doubt it has anything to do with the particular version of Fedora
that you are running.

The first thing I would suspect is an incompatible version of OpenGL.
You need OpenGL 2.1 at the very least, but better would be OpenGL 3.2
or above.

Can you report the output you get when running 'glxinfo'?

Thanks,
Cory

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Christophe Bourcier
<christophe.bourcier.pv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue when loading state files on Fedora 18 with Paraview
> compiled with the new OpenGL2 rendering backend, while there is no
> error with the legacy OpenGL backend. Steps to reproduce the issue:
>
> - Create a cylinder
> - File/Save state: cylinder.pvsm
> - File/Load state: load cylinder.pvsm
>
> => Paraview freezes. In the terminal, there is the error:
>
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
>   Resource id:  0x3000104
>
> This error is not reproduced in Fedora 20.
>
> When loading more complex state file, there are more errors:
>

> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
>   Resource id:  0x3000111
> X Error: GLXBadDrawable 169
>   Extension:    152 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x3000111
> X Error: GLXBadDrawable 169
>   Extension:    152 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x3000111
> X Error: GLXBadDrawable 169
>   Extension:    152 (Uknown extension)
>   Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)
>   Resource id:  0x3000111
> ERROR: In /export/home/bourcier/salome/prerequisites-src/ParaView-master-post-v5.1.0-RC1/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkShaderProgram.cxx,
> line 408
> vtkShaderProgram (0x4aea610): Shader object was not initialized,
> cannot attach it.
>
> Does anyone know where it can come from?
>
> Christophe

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.