[Paraview] Visualizing load paths

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 10:03:05 EDT 2016

Hi Asaad,

Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so that everyone can follow
along that wants to.

The issue is that your vtk file is incorrect and the cells are being passed
in as VTK_POLY_VERTEX instead of 10 noded tets. The change for this is to
change the CELL_TYPES value from 2 to 24. The reason that the stream tracer
doesn't work is that the cells have no volume so when the stream tracer
tries to find which cell a seed or point along the streamline belongs to it
doesn't and thus the streamline never begins or ends.

Best,
Andy