[Paraview] Bug report on visualizing image series

Christoph Jud christoph.jud at unibas.ch
Fri Jan 8 08:42:32 EST 2016

Hi,

there is a bug when visualizing a series of (2D) images which have a
different number of pixels. The scenario is as follows:

Let image-0.vtk and image-1.vtk be given with both having the same
physical bounds but with different spacing. Thus, they have a different
number of pixels. When viewing them e.g. in slice representation as a
series, the first one is correctly visualized. When stepping a frame,
i.e. to the next image, only the number of pixels of the preceding image
are visualized (however with correct origin/spacing). So, the difference
of the extent in each dimension is cropped.

I don't know if this behaviour is intended in the series reader. But I
think for the visualization of images with equal bounds, it would be
more natural to treat the resolution of the images as transparent.

Kind regards,
Christoph