[Paraview] Slow loading data with geometry

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Feb 26 14:45:59 EST 2016

Hi WT,

Is this a new problem or is this the first time you have tried this. If
this is a new problem, in which version of ParaView did it work quickly and
in which version of ParaView did it start? If this is your first time
trying this, how large are your geometries you are trying to display?

Thanks,
Cory

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM, wturner <wturner at hep.ph.liv.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This should be an easy one. I've got GEANT4 exported geometry and events.
> I've got a plugin to convert from GEANT to VTK I cut down the geometry to
> what I need, save it as VTM and use this in the future. If I load the
> HEPREP.zip events without the geometry I can press play and flip though
> event by event quickly, ~10ms per event.. But if I try and flip through
> events with geometry it takes ~10-20seconds per event.
>
> I've tried right clicking on the geom and selecting "ignore time", but no
> luck. Can't find anything in the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> WT

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer