[Paraview] How to uncheck Map Scalars using ParaView Python console

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Feb 9 23:01:56 EST 2016

Tias,

Sure, there is, and it's easy to find out how. Under the Tools menu,
choose, Start Trace. In the dialog box that appears, click OK. Now
uncheck the Map Scalars checkbox in your pipeline object. Stop the
trace by selecting Stop Trace in the Tools menu.

Doing this for a simple sphere source, the trace gives:

# get active source.
sphere1 = GetActiveSource()

# get active view
renderView1 = GetActiveViewOrCreate('RenderView')
# uncomment following to set a specific view size
# renderView1.ViewSize = [684, 597]

# get display properties
sphere1Display = GetDisplayProperties(sphere1, view=renderView1)

# Properties modified on sphere1Display
sphere1Display.MapScalars = 0

This last line gets you what you want.

HTH,
Cory

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Tias Maiti <maititia at egr.msu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set RGB color based on a data with 3 components. Unchecking "Map Scalars" checkbox under Scalar coloring does the trick in GUI mode. Is there a way to do it using pvpython (scripts) ?
>
> How do I set up the lookup table to do the same thing ?
>
> Thanks,
> Tias

> Tias Maiti
> Research Assistant