[Paraview] Feasibility of and documentation on implementing a Paraview Client.

corinna reuter corinnareuter75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 01:58:14 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 9:39 PM, Magnus Elden <magnus_elden at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> For various reasons I aim to replace the standard client of paraview and
> use the data and rendering servers as is. As such I need to implement the
> client that communicates with the servers.

You should elaborate on the "various reasons". All that you described is
done by the paraview application, connected to a remove pvserver. You can
extend or reduce paraview's functionality (
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Writing_Custom_Applications).

> I have been unable to find any documentation on this and I would
> appreciate pointers to any documentation of protocols and APIs that are
> used.

Apart from the wiki, you can only search the web for discussions of similar
topics or read the Paraview Guide (book).

> The reason for why I am doing this is because I am trying to utilize the
> power of Paraview and VTK inside another system. The problem is that my VTK
> program that acts as a light renderer does not work inside the system
> because it can not obtain an OpenGL context. As such I wish to remove the
> rendering from the system and instead communicate like the design already
> permits.

I think you should explain why you don't want to use the paraview
application as your client.

Corinna