[Paraview] Cannot access information from second input array in a XML custom filter

Evan Kao tossin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:08:40 EDT 2016

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a custom filter (using vtkPythonProgrammableFilter)
that allows the user to specify two input arrays (the XML file is
attached).  As a guide, I mimicked the XML specifications for the Glyphs
filter in the filters.xml file.  The filter appears as it should, but I
can't seem to access the information for the second data array:

Request Data code:

    print 'ArrayInfo1'
    print self.GetInputArrayInformation(0)
    print 'ArrayInfo2'
    print self.GetInputArrayInformation(1)

Console output (after generating a sphere):

ArrayInfo1

vtkInformation (0000000015E2FD30)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 866729

Reference Count: 2

Registered Events: (none)

INPUT_PORT: 0

INPUT_CONNECTION: 0

FIELD_ASSOCIATION: 0

FIELD_NAME: Normals

ArrayInfo2

vtkInformation (0000000015E47D80)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 868190

Reference Count: 2

Registered Events: (none)

No matter how I change the second array, there is no FIELD_NAME or
FIELD_ASSOCIATION associated with it.  Am I accessing it incorrectly?  Did
I prescribe it incorrectly in the XML file?

Thanks,
Evan Kao