[Paraview] [EXT] Re: More Customization of Python programmable Filter Panel

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Sep 30 15:05:06 EDT 2015

Hi Dennis,

The documentation that is available in the online help is generated at
build time from the sources/filters/readers that ship with ParaView. The
same is true for binary pluginsthat are built into a shared library.

Unfortunately documentation from purely XML plugins is not added to the
online help. It could be, but it would take some effort to implement.

The good news is that you *can* create a shared library plugin from a pure
XML filter. Just follow a couple steps in the ParaView Plugin HowTo,
specifically, sections [1] and [2].

Cory

[1]
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Compiling_into_a_Shared_Library