[Paraview] [vtkusers] gcode2vtk animation example

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 15:32:52 EDT 2015

Hi Shakthi,

I'm moving this over to the ParaView users mailing list because it is more
ParaView-related than VTK-related. Here's how to reproduce the video:

- Run ParaView and load your VTK file
- Click on Superman_export.gcode.vtk
- Select Filters -> Threshold. In the Scalars combo box, pick the
"build_time" variable. Click Apply.
- Open the Animation view (View -> Animation View)
- In the Animation View, look for the "Threshold1" combo box. PIck the
"Threshold Range (1)" value in the combo box to the right.
- Now click the + sign on the left side.
- In the entry named "Threshold1 - Threshold Range (1)" that is now in the
table (under the column "Time"), double-click on the icon that looks a
little bit like dumbells. In the window that pops up, set the value in the
first row to 0 and the value in the second row 23.341.... Click OK
- No change the "No. Frames:" setting to 1000.
- Play the animation by clicking the play button in the animation controls.

You should see the motion of the printer head play out in front of you. You
can save this animation to a video via the File -> Save Animation menu item.

HTH,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen