[Paraview] Isosurface and slicing with Catalyst in C++

Dorier, Matthieu mdorier at anl.gov
Wed Sep 2 14:38:51 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm diving into Catalyst and try to build a pipeline in C++ for an simple example code. My use case is the following:
I have a uniform 3D grid (converted into vtkImageData) on which I map a field of double values (wrapped into a vtkDoubleArray).
By looking at the examples I managed to make the adaptor that creates the grid and maps the field on it. Now I would like to build pipelines for 2 scenarios:
- slicing the grid horizontally at a given level, apply a color map, and output the result in a PNG file;
- building an isosurface from the 3d grid (with configurable isovalue) and print the result in a PNG file.
In both cases I don't know which classes to look at in the Doxygen of VTK. Besides, I suppose for the second case there should be some concept of camera position and parameters...

Any hint or examples would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Matthieu Dorier