[Paraview] tile edge artifacts with volume rending in parallel mode

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 13:33:58 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am trying to do volume rendering of this data:
ftp://ftp.ldeo.columbia.edu/pub/rpa/paraview_netcdf/rce_rrtm303x512dx3f20_512x512x64_3km_12s_128_0000001500.nc

It works fine when Paraview is in regular (serial) mode. But the rendering
is very slow. I have 32 cores in my workstation, so I tried using Paraview
in parallel with 16 cores. This goes MUCH faster. But unfortunately,
artifacts are visible related to the tiling of the data

This image is a screenshot from the serial case:
[image: Inline image 1]

And this is from the parallel case. Note the grid lines visible in the
bottom slice.
[image: Inline image 2]

I have attached the state file to reproduce this case. I am using Paraview
4.3.1 on linux.

Sincere thanks for your advice.

-Ryan Abernathey