[Paraview] Volume Rendering 17GB 8.5 billion cell volume

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Oct 21 07:52:38 EDT 2015

Yeah, it is not that easy. If you compile Mesa with llvmpipe, the limit is
in something like gallium/drivers/llvmpipe/lp_limits.h. Otherwise it
doesn't work. However, I had crashes when I increased that to something
like 8 GBs and then volume rendered something large. It also looks like
other drivers have their own limits that are pretty small. I will talk to
some folks doing work with Mesa about this. Hopefully, we can address it in
the upcoming OpenSWR driver. We'll have to support streaming for other
drivers though...

-berk