[Paraview] Paraview - Python // cell types issues

DamB berghof.d at freenet.de
Tue Oct 20 03:38:38 EDT 2015

Hello,

I would like to check all cell types on a created pipeline slice with a
loop and do some further calculation based on the cell type.
My first test wit 'servermanager.Fetch()' failed, I have tried to get
access by using 'source.GetDataInformation() ...', but it does not work.

I was only able to get some info about the cell type as follows:
'print "vtkQuadraticQuad:
"+str(vtkQuadraticQuad().GetNumberOfPoints())+" CellType:
"+str(vtkQuadraticQuad().GetCellType())'

system-konfig:
Paraview 4.0.1 64 Bit with Python 2.7.6
OS Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 Bit