[Paraview] How I can define PYTHONPATH for Paraview/Tools/Python Shell

Adrian Martinez Vargas adriangeologo at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 16 16:20:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have try unsuccessfully to load modules from an existing Anaconda
distribution, hosted in /home/user/anaconda, from the Python Shell
existing in Paraview/Tools. I'm using Paraview 4.4 in Ubuntu15. Using
the command (in a system shell) $export PYTHONPATH =
/home/user/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH didn't work.

In addition I would like to understand the logic of the python shell in
paraview. Is that python embedded or it calls pvpython? There is any way
to pass argument and to define path? There is any way to trick this, for
example to use Ipython?

Thank you for your help and kind regards
Adrian