[Paraview] Successful SuperBuild on OSX 10.11?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Oct 6 23:13:39 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 00:23:45 +0100, Mathew Guilfoyle wrote:
> I have just upgraded to OS X 10.11 and am now unable to build Paraview
>
> I had successfully built the Suepbuild 4.4.0 on OS X 10.10 using my
> installed Qt4.8 (I was unable to build against the Qt that comes with
> the SuperBuild.
>
> Qt 4.8 is not compatible with the latest OS X, hence I’ve installed
> Qt5.5.  However, even building Paraview against the installed Qt5.5
> now fails.  The primary error seems to be:

Qt5 is not supported in ParaView fully yet. Qt 5.6 will have the
necessary patches.

> CMake Error at /Builds/ParaView/Build/paraview/src/paraview/CMake/generate_proxydocumentation.cmake:20 (message):
>   No xmlpatterns executable was defined!!!
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?

There's a "patch" in the superbuild[1] which adds '10' to the list of
versions it can detect. Adding '11' there might help you get further.

Or are the Qt issues deeper?

--Ben

[1]Projects/patches/qt4.src.plugins.bearer.corewlan.corewlan.pro