[Paraview] Successful SuperBuild on OSX 10.11?

Mathew Guilfoyle mrguilfoyle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 19:23:45 EDT 2015

I have just upgraded to OS X 10.11 and am now unable to build Paraview

I had successfully built the Suepbuild 4.4.0 on OS X 10.10 using my installed Qt4.8 (I was unable to build against the Qt that comes with the SuperBuild.

Qt 4.8 is not compatible with the latest OS X, hence I’ve installed Qt5.5.  However, even building Paraview against the installed Qt5.5 now fails.  The primary error seems to be:

CMake Error at /Builds/ParaView/Build/paraview/src/paraview/CMake/generate_proxydocumentation.cmake:20 (message):
  No xmlpatterns executable was defined!!!

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks