[Paraview] Differences between OpenGL and OpenGL2 versions of ParaView

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Nov 17 17:44:39 EST 2015

Ken, what Adam has is a multiblock dataset with field data array named
"Color" (with certain blocks missing this array). Now when you color by
this array and then uncheck "Map Scalars", I get the attached images. I'd
contend that 5.0 with OpenGL2 rendering is correct. In 4.4 it would just
bleed some random color through for blocks with missing "Color" array. In
5.0, the color used is the "Solid Color" set before changing the array to
color with.

Adam, are you not seeing rendering as I am with 5.0? I no longer get
rendering similar to the images you reported.

Utkarsh

​