[Paraview] [EXT] Re: Customize programmable filters: copy arrays

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Tue Nov 10 15:59:03 EST 2015

Berk,

I generally want to add some new variables to the output – if I don’t DeepCopy, then these new variables get added to the input which violates the vtk rule that a filter can’t change the input.

This is the main reason that I advocate adding the capability for PointData and CellData to be partially DeepCopy (new variables added in Filter)  and partially ShallowCopy (input variables just along for the ride).

I suspect most filters are going to generate new variables, so DeepCopy seems to be appropriate.     Please correct me if I misunderstand this.

Dennis