[Paraview] Mac DMG issues

Charles Gruener cjg9411 at rit.edu
Mon Nov 2 10:51:15 EST 2015

In an attempt to deploy the ParaView DMG using Munki, I ran into the issue that the DMG is storing paraview.app with 700 permissions.  This causes the installation via Munki to fail.

As a workaround, I converted the DMG to read-write, mounted it, ran:

chmod -R go+rX paraview.app
mv paraview.app ParaView.app

I also had to add the version information (4.4.0) to the CFBundleShortVersionString variable inside of the Info.plist.

I then converted it back to a read-only DMG.  This then allows the installation via Munki to complete successfully.

I would like to eventually automate downloading updates of your DMG through Autopkg, but these extra steps would be unnecessary should the DMG have the proper settings on the enclosed ParaView.app in the first place.  Could this please be addressed in future builds?

Thanks,
Charles Gruener