[Paraview] File in pipeline browser has changed; best way to reload

Alex Lindsay adlinds3 at ncsu.edu
Fri May 29 14:05:28 EDT 2015

Michael & Christian,

Thanks for your emails. I've been doing some other things, but am
returning to this question. Michael, I am attempting to use the solution
you proposed:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2013-June/028596.html

However, when I try to adapt this to use ExodusII instead of Xdmf, I
crash Paraview. I copied the code from the above link, and simply
replaced 'Xdmf' with 'ExodusII'. When I try to load my xml file into
paraview using the plug-in manager, that's when I cause the crash. I've
successfully loaded the plugin in its un-modified form (e.g. the Xdmf
form), so I must not be modifying the code correctly. I'm sure it's
something exceedingly simple (I've tried replacing
class=vtkExodusIIReader with class=vtkExodusReader for example), but I
don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Here is my code:

<ParaViewPlugin>
<ServerManagerConfiguration>
   <ProxyGroup name="sources">
<SourceProxy name="EXODUSRrefresh" base_proxygroup="sources"
base_proxyname="ExodusIIReader" class="vtkExodusIIReader">
       <Property name="Refresh" command="Modified"
panel_widget="command_button"/>
       <Hints>
         <ReaderFactory extensions="e" file_description="ExodusII Reader
(Refresh button)" />
       </Hints>
     </SourceProxy>
   </ProxyGroup>
   </ServerManagerConfiguration>
   <ParaViewReaders>
     <Reader name="ReaderWithButton" />
   </ParaViewReaders>
</ParaViewPlugin>

Any help from anyone would be appreciated!

Alex